CLICK HERE TO WIN PRIZES JUST FOR LISTENING!
WHAT’S ON TAP?
This episode’s topic comes from one of the podcast launch contest winners. Tracy Fixen won the iPad Mini and boy was she excited! Watch her video here. And be sure to follow her on social media – she is so funny! I asked her if she had any burning questions and she had a lot, but this one really jumped out at me because it’s a common problem among both newbie and seasoned entrepreneurs. How do you know when to start charging – and if you’re getting paid what you’re worth? We all want to get paid for our hard work and expertise, but sometimes our passion for helping others clouds our financial foresight. In this episode I will give you a checklist of 16 things to help you determine when and how much you should be charging for your work.
How do you know when and what to charge? Here are some guidelines to help you decide.
Should you be charging?
- If you even have to ask, the answer is yes!
- Do you know more about your topic than most people?
- Do you often give “free consulting” cloaked as a friend asking for advice?
- Do people often ask you to coffee just to “pick your brain?”
- Do you answer a lot of questions via email?
- Have you appeared in the media?
- Have you written a book or post regular blog content?
- Is there a genre of books, podcasts, speakers or experts on your topic?
How much should you charge?
- Who is your target market?
- What is their burning problem?
- How do you solve it? What will you deliver?
- Who is your competition?
- How are you different?
- How much do competitors charge?
- What will you charge and what is your fee structure?
- Start with free sessions to get testimonials and feedback.
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared a few links during the show:
Be sure to enter our monthly contest to win fab prizes. Go to contest here.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.