CLICK HERE TO WIN PRIZES JUST FOR LISTENING!
WHAT’S ON TAP?
How do you know what the media is looking for and when is the right time to pitch them your idea? And what the heck do you even pitch in the first place from all the great stuff you know? When it comes to getting the attention of a producer or editor, it’s not easy to find the perfect pitch. Their needs vary greatly across media channels and may even be different between their live, on-air, printed and/or online versions. In this episode of The Happy Hour Effect podcast, I will share five easy ways to pull out the most relevant and attention-getting ideas from what you already know so you can pitch the RIGHT things to the media and know when to pitch the media with those great ideas.
Here are 5 ways to create great pitches for the media:
- Focus on benefits. Always frame your pitch in terms of what the audience needs and how YOUR expertise can benefit them. Healthier? Safer? Sexier? More successful? Make more money? Make something easier?
- Stay seasonal. What is trending seasonally that you could speak to? Holiday? Back-to-school? Election season?
- Be timely. What’s happening in the news that you could expand on? Natural disaster? Celebrity news? Bullying? Food controversies?
- Be visual. What elements of your expertise can be made visual for TV in an interactive or demonstrative way? Recipes? Tools? Step-by-step process? Product showcase (non-salesy)?
- Watch the media. Have you watched, listened to or read the media outlet you are pitching so you know what they cover? You must personalize your pitches to the specific outlet.
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared a few links during the show:
Relaunch Podcast – I’m a guest this week and share some really personal stories about how I got through my husband’s death and started my own business.
Pitch Profit Promote Virtual Conference – learn to pitch like a master! Not totally free but a big discount for my HHE fans right now at $300 off!
Be sure to enter our monthly contest to win fab prizes. Go to contest here.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.