WHAT’S ON TAP?
We’ve all be stuck working for or with difficult people – and we’ve all BEEN the difficult person a time or two. But sometimes someone goes from being occasionally annoying to a long-term issue that messes with your work happiness, stress levels and overall work/life success. In this episode of the The Happy Hour Effect podcast you will get a bad boss solution. Not only will you will find out if you might be a bad boss or difficult person, but you will also learn how to fix the situation whether you’re an employee of a bad boss or guilty of bad management yourself.
You might be a bad boss or difficult person if…
- Your past conversations or social posts are negative, egotistical, judgmental or rude.
- No one comes to your office.
- People race out of meetings when they’re over.
- You send more emails than you receive.
- Performance is down.
How to “fix” a bad boss:
- Rise above and don’t complain.
- Seek allies to find a solution.
- Be empathetic to the person’s possible personal issues.
- Offer ideas and solutions.
- Do fun stuff outside of work.
For bad bosses and difficult people (see above to determine if this is you):
- Be empowering and trustworthy.
- Be flexible.
- Honor personal and professional goals of your team.
- Be approachable.
- Foster social and team connections.
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared a few links during the show:
Newsletter Sign-up (Monday Motivation comes out weekly – on Mondays!)
FREE – Stress Busters eCourse
$100 referral bonus for YOU!! Just send corporations or groups to me who need a speaker on workplace culture, stress management, brand buzz or work/life fun. If they hire (and pay) me, I’ll send you $100 – no questions asked!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at email@example.com.