SUBSCRIBE & LISTEN on Stitcher
WHAT’S ON TAP?
We all have days when the idea of going to work drags us down. Whether you work a traditional 9-5, you’re a teacher, a construction worker or an entrepreneur, work stress can take its toll and prevent us from fully engaging with our jobs. In this episode of The Happy Hour Effect podcast, you will learn 5 ways to love a job you hate. It is up to your employer and YOU to work together in creating a happy workplace. You have a responsibility to your company and to yourself to make the most of every day even when you’re stuck, burnt out or simply hate your job.
It is up to you to create happiness in your life and that includes workplace happiness. Your employer can and should provide you the framework, support and resources but it’s up to you to make it work for your needs and wants.
- Get on board with your company’s mission and culture. Be engaged and make it happen.
- Identify the triggers that cause you to dislike your job – people, schedule, tasks, etc. – and make a plan to prepare yourself for when you deal with those triggers.
- Adjust your attitude so you are bringing positive thinking to the workplace. Make a commitment to proactively changing or thinking differently about your situation.
- Take advantage of perks that your company offers – benefits, wellness programs, social gatherings, flexible schedules. If they offer it, take advantage of it.
- Bring your best to work every day. Smile, be creative, think big, put effort into your appearance and be supportive of others and your company.
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared a few links during the show:
FREE – Brand Ignition eCourse
FREE – Stress Busters eCourse
$100 referral bonus for YOU!! Just send corporations or groups to me who need a speaker on workplace culture, stress management, brand buzz or work/life fun. If they hire (and pay) me, I’ll send you $100 – no questions asked!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at email@example.com.