Monday is here again. For many of us that means excitement and energy as we get the chance to start a new week full of opportunities. For many though, it means negativity and the blues because we aren’t excited or inspired by our work or a new week.
One of my favorite fellow coaches and colleagues, Christy Tryhus, shared some motivating words of wisdom to get through Mondays in her newsletter last week. I was thrilled when she allowed me to share it with my readers. THANK YOU CHRISTY!!
Here are her tips: Click to Tweet
As we step into fall not only does the season change, but our schedules change. This change often creates stress, chaos and overwhelm! What should you do?
1. Take a deep breathe, this will force you to slow down and that alone will reduce some stress.
2. Make a plan – studies indicate that 1 minute of planning = 10 minutes of increased productivity.
3. Set realistic expectations – how much can you actually accomplish in a day or week.
4. At the end of the day reflect – give yourself credit for everything you accomplished vs beating yourself up for what you did not accomplish.
5. Sleep – our bodies need 6 to 8 hours of sleep each night? If you say you don’t have enough time to sleep that much, I challenge you to give it a try for 1 week. I bet you will accomplish more. Sleep deprivation increases stress and overwhelm.
6. Finally, take some time for you. When you take care of yourself, you are stronger for everyone else. “Me” time is powerful fuel – successful people have figured this out and take “me” time daily. Click here for your free tool to create more “me” time. http://www.simplybalancedcoaching.com/
Begin living life to the fullest and shift life from chaos to calm. What do you do to relax when times get crazy? Share your tips in the comments below.Shift Life from Chaos to Calm with Christy Tryhus Simply Balanced Coaching & Training Chaos Reduction Expert, Author, Presenter & Coach http://www.simplybalancedcoaching.com/