CLICK HERE TO WIN PRIZES JUST FOR LISTENING!
WHAT’S ON TAP?
One of the most common questions I get is “how do I write a book?” In fact, 80% of people say they want to write a book but only 2% actually do. Why are the statistics so low? Most people don’t know how to get started, how to navigate the publishing industry or how to build a fanbase to make their book marketable. In this episode of The Happy Hour Effect, I will share a really quick overview on how to write a book so you get the overall structure of your plan. There is much more that goes into it, but this will give you a starting point to get your book out of your head and into the marketplace.
The five steps necessary to write a book – and sell it beyond your family and friends are:
- Start writing. A book will never become real if you don’t get the content out. First drafts are never great but it’s a crucial first step.
- Know your market. You must identify who your readers will be so you can structure the book, content and marketing for them specifically.
- Understand the publishing options. You can traditionally-publish or self-publish and both require very different approaches, investments and expectations.
- Build your platform. You MUST create a tribe of loyal fans who want to buy your book – and the best time to build it is BEFORE the book comes out. This is especially important if you want to pursue a traditional publishing contract but also important for marketing a self-published work.
- Launch the book. You must put into place the right marketing plans to drive book sales. This includes free and paid streams of income that include a call-to-action, cross-sell or upsell to the book. You can also pursue Amazon bestseller status through a partner and promotion blitz.
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared the Author Superstar Book Launch System during the episode. Click here to learn more.
CLICK HERE to download the Brand Platform Map.
Be sure to enter our monthly contest to win fab prizes. Go to contest here.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at email@example.com.