WHAT’S ON TAP?
A good coach can help you see a challenge in a new light, but a GREAT coach will help you solve that challenge – so don’t hire a coach until you hear this episode of The Happy Hour Effect podcast. You will get deeper insight on how to know when you’re ready for or need a coach and what to look for once you’ve decided it’s time to invest. Like an Olympic athlete has a team of coaches and trainers to help him or her reach peak performance, we need that support in place in our personal and professional lives too. There are coaches for business, health, relationships, parenting, spirituality and pretty much any topic you are interested in. This episode will give you the tools you need to pick a good one to help you close the gaps and grow.
Before you hire a coach, you need to be sure you are ready for it. Here are five flags that you might be ready for a coach:
- You’ve read books or have an interest on a topic or change you want to make but not sure what to do next.
- You’re stuck on a decision, next step or big move you need to make to move ahead.
- You feel like you’re getting left behind or life is moving too fast for you to catch up.
- You are ready to invest the time, energy and money in a coach or coaching program.
- You are ready for change and ready to elevate your action and mindset to truly commit to making that change real.
Once you’ve decided that a coach is the right investment for you, here are ten key criteria to help you find the right one. The first five are “soft” criteria and the last five are “hard” stuff that really mean you will be getting your money’s worth.
A great coach will –
- Inspire you to want to change.
- Motivate you to take action.
- Provide you tools and advice.
- Be a sounding board.
- Be an accountability partner.
- Push you out of your comfort zone.
- Challenge your thinking.
- Piss you off sometimes.
- Make you WORK.
- And remember – it’s not supposed to be easy!
SHOTS OF INSPIRATION
I shared a few links during the show:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.