WHAT’S ON TAP?
Direct selling gets a bad name sometimes but it is an amazing industry filled with committed and successful entrepreneurs who are creating lives they love. But it’s also a high-turnover industry with people trying it, getting frustrated and abandoning their businesses. Why? Many people believe that owning a business is easier and gives you more freedom than a typical 9-5 job. In some ways, yes, but in most ways, it’s much harder and requires much more time because it’s only successful if you do the work. You only make money if you put in the time, energy and commitment to learn the skills you need and shift your mindset to embrace an entrepreneurial lifestyle. In this episode of The Happy Hour Effect podcast, you will learn five direct sales secrets to help you sell more, recruit more and get more referrals.
Creating a successful direct selling career requires significant mindset and habit changes to create income and the life you envision. It’s not as simple as buying the starter kit and sending out an email. You must commit time, energy and money into growing your business whether it’s a part-time gig or a full-time career. Here are five tips to help you find direct sales success.
- Become tech-savvy. You must know how to use your company’s backend systems, social media, videos, email and sharing tools or you will get left behind. Get the training you need to become proficient at technology.
- Go through every training your company provides whether it’s their online videos, live events, conferences or training from your upline. The direct sales industry creates some of the best training on sales, customer service and branding so use it. It’s amazing!
- Elevate your personal brand by putting yourself out there in a way that is congruent with what you are selling. Your appearance, wardrobe, mood, social media posts and attitude should all reflect what it is you sell.
- Cultivate a commitment mindset instead of a hobby mindset. This is YOUR business. You are an entrepreneur. You must prioritize your business if you want to be successful.
- Tell stories and find connections. Don’t just sell and be promotional all the time. Find those personal and authentic stories that connect you with who you are talking to at the moment and build a relationship. Online you can share stories too. It’s all about content like success stories, tips, support groups, videos, quotes and relevant articles and blog posts. Stick to the 80/20 rule of 80% really valuable and engaging stories and content and 20% (or less) promotional posts.
Ready for a shot of motivation for your direct sales team?
CLICK HERE to check out my speaking programs and info.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
If you loved this episode and want more from The Happy Hour Effect, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes or wherever you listen.
Thanks for spreading the word! Please share with your friends, co-workers and loved ones.
Interested in sponsoring the show and getting more exposure for your business? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.