10 Time Hacks to Get More Done
You’ve said it. I’ve said it. We’ve all said it.
“I don’t have time.”
“I’m too busy.”
“I have too much on my plate.”
Saying you don’t have time doesn’t really mean you don’t have time. We all have 24/7 to get things done. What you really mean is that something isn’t a priority. You’ve chosen to do other things instead of the thing you say you don’t have time for right now. Things without a deadline fall to the bottom of the list. Things other people need fall to the bottom of the list. Things like self-care fall to the bottom of the list. Things that are hard or require a lot of effort fall to the bottom of the list. Things that create feelings of guilt fall to the bottom of the list. Things that require asking for help fall to the bottom of the list.
And guess what – it is all those things you DON’T do that carry over from day-to-day and month-to-month and year-to-year that create the most anxiety and stress both consciously and subconsciously. Those things you’re NOT doing often create more drama and regret than the things you are doing.
So what can you move up your list today RIGHT NOW? What can you MAKE time for?
Is there a work project you’ve been putting off? Have you delayed cleaning out a closet or the garage? Are there personal goals you’ve put on the backburner? Is there a person in your life you want to spend more time with?
What is one tiny step you can take today to move one of those things forward even just a little bit? Here are 10 quick ideas:
- Pick up the phone and call or text someone you’ve been neglecting.
- Look at your to-do list and do the task that will take the least time right NOW.
- Ask someone for help on something you’ve been putting off for more than six months.
- Every day start the day doing your most dreaded task first.
- Reward yourself for every tiny step you make on big and small goals.
- Move to a different location to do unpleasant tasks. Pay bills at the coffee shop. Go through emails at your favorite restaurant while sipping a glass of wine. Etc.
- Make a crummy to-do item more fun by doing it while listening to your favorite music playlist.
- Simply delete tasks from the list that are unnecessary. You don’t need to keep up with the Joneses or do things out of guilt. Ditch them.
- Delegate home tasks to family members. (If you’re type-A or a perfectionist who doesn’t trust tasks to anyone else, get over it. You want less to do, you need to delegate!)
- Give yourself a break. You don’t need to be busy all the time. You can sit down and relax or do things just because they are fun without feeling like you SHOULD be doing something else.
When you make little moves and mindset shifts they will lead to HUGE shifts in your mental state that will create massive momentum in finally taking action on the things that really matter. You’ll feel inspired by your own ability to get stuff done and that will kick off a domino effect of activity to kickstart your progress.
Want help making a goal a reality? As a speaker and in all my years back in corporate America I have attended and spoken at amazing events and awful ones too. I’ve taken all the best things I’ve seen over the years to create a truly unique experience that is ACTIONABLE! It’s the 2nd annual Be Your Driving Force day of inspired action on 11/29/18 in Minneapolis.
You won’t sit around listening to someone TALK about goals and how to make them real. You will actually make progress THAT DAY as we uncover your biggest roadblocks and your biggest motivators. You will act as your own driving force. Plus there is amazing food and WINE all day long! 🍷
Whether you are a busy corporate executive or a smart entrepreneur or doing both with a side hustle while hitting the office every day this event is for you.
Bring your co-workers and friends for even more motivation and accountability – and bigger discounts the more people you bring! Register at www.BeYourDrivingForce.com